Terms and Conditions
Following your booking and confirmed deposit/balance payment you will receive a receipt confirming your payment. Deposits are non-refundable and may only be transferred at the parks discretion. Please bring your booking receipt when checking in at reception. Any booking that has not had its balance paid by the due date will be cancelled with all monies already paid being forfeited. All bookings will become due for payment 28 days before arrival, this can be done by logging into your booking or calling us to pay.
Conditions of Booking
We reserve the right to decline or terminate the booking of any guest(s) whose party make-up or behaviour interferes or may interfere with the general comfort of other guests. In this event no refunds will be made. Porthtowan Tourist Park & its facilities are intended for family holidays. We are therefore sorry that we cannot accept any parties of single people, unless by prior agreement with us directly.
Pitches should be available from 12 noon on the day of arrival and must be vacated by no later than 11am on the day of departure.
Due to the current trend for larger tents, awnings, motorhomes and caravans, anyone arriving with a unit ( including all guy ropes and additional pup tents and gazebos ) that will not fit within the pitching area may be asked to leave or move pitch ( if available ).
Any request for a specific area of the site when booking cannot be guaranteed, especially during the peak time of school holidays, we reserve the right to alter pitches to accommodate, this will only be done in extreme circumstances.
Once you have arrived on site no refunds can be given if, for any reason, you decide to leave before the confirmed departure date.
Children remain the responsibility of their parents or guardians at all times. It is particularly important that you always know where your children are, and that you provide adequate supervision for them at all times.
Changes to your holiday during your stay
We cannot accept responsibility or compensation for circumstances beyond our control including (but not limited to) industrial disputes, natural disasters, fire, technical problems, bad weather and acts of government.
Amendments to your booking
After you have paid your Deposit/Balance you may wish to change some elements of the Holiday, e.g. type of accommodation or duration. We will try to meet your request. It may be necessary to cancel your break due to illness, accident or change of circumstances. We cannot guarantee a full refund, however we will endeavour to come to an arrangement. Failure to arrive without satisfactory explanation or written cancellation will not be entitled to a transfer of stay. Bookings may not be able to be amended within 28 days of arrival, we recommend purchasing holiday insurance, to help for those unforeseen events.
If we make any major alterations to your booking
We try very hard to provide all facilities as advertised on our website. It may however be necessary to make some alterations in advance of your holiday. If such a change is necessary, we will endeavour to advise you via email as soon as possible.
If we cancel your booking
We always endeavour not to change the date or cancel your booking, but in exceptional circumstances this may be necessary. We will inform you of the change of date or cancellation as soon as possible and give you the following options.
A. accept the alternative arrangements as notified to you
B. choose another available break from us at the advertised price
C. cancel your holiday with a full refund of any money you have paid
Rules and Regulations
The person completing the booking is responsible for the conduct of their party, It is your responsibility to read the rules & regulations and abide by the rules therein. Not reading the rules is not an excuse for infringement. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms and conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking without refund. Porthtowan Tourist Park reserves the right to ban individuals from future use of the park.
Anyone defacing or causing damage to any buildings, equipment or property of the park faces immediate eviction and prosecution. The pitch hirer will be responsible for and charged for any damage /loss caused by themselves or their visitors to the pitch or to any park facility or other residentís property. Your personal belongings, vehicles, vans and their accessories and contents are left at your own risk. Porthtowan Tourist Park or its staff will not be liable for the loss, theft or damage of any property nor for any injury, accident or mishap to any person in the park. Customers must ensure that their property is secured and fully insured for any unforeseen eventuality.
The information taken at time of booking is required to be collected for the purposes of processing your reservation at Porthtowan Tourist Park. We may process your data to keep you informed of our activities and to keep you updated with news, offers and other information that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information for the marketing purposes described in this paragraph, please let us know. We may also disclose your data to CampStead Ltd who may contact you, inviting you to complete a questionnaire and review regarding your stay at our park.
We try to be as easy going as possible, however, in order to ensure that everyone enjoys their holiday, the following rules must apply:
• 1. There is a speed limit of 5mph on the site - this includes bicycles.
• 2. In the interests of safety there is a ban on all bicycles, scooters, skateboards, skates, etc. from mid-July to end of August. At all other times the ban applies only to the car park, front drive and Dog walk area.
• 3. The barrier will lock off between 11.00pm and 8.00am, this maintains a safe & quiet site during twilight hours for all, if you return back late you may park in the car park and walk back in. However in an emergency as we live on site we can open the barrier to allow exit if the need arises.
• 4. Noise levels must be kept to a minimum and no noise at all between the hours of 11.00pm and 8.00am.
• 5. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and any fouling must be cleared up at once. Dogs are not allowed in any of the buildings or in the Adventure Playground and Play Area.
• 6. No smoking in any of the Amenity Buildings.
• 7. All visitors must report to Reception on arrival and leave by 10pm. Visitors staying more than 4 hours, will incur a charge.
• 8. Parents are responsible for the behaviour of their children at all times. No children allowed in the Play Area after dark.
• 9. Ball games and kites in the Play Field only, with due consideration to other campers.
• 10. All Barbecues must be kept off the ground in order to protect the grass. Bricks are available from outside the Shop. FIREPITS are not permitted.
• 11. Please ensure that there is no litter or damage to the trees and hedgerows.
• 12. No commercial vehicles. Bonafide holidaymakers only.
We reserve the right to turn away anyone who arrives with a larger unit or more people/extras than included on the original booking. We can accept no responsibility for any accident, loss or damage to any persons or property on this Park, however caused. We also reserve the right to evict any person or persons not abiding by these rules.
Terms & Conditions updated August 2017.